Monday, January 21, 2008

DECEMBER 2007 NEWSLETTER

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, ye have done it unto me". Matt: 25:40

Salem Village Nursing Home Paradise Park Assisted Living
Rosewood Care Center Lakewood Nursing Home

Nine year old Joey was asked by his mother what he had learned in Sunday School. “Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. When he got to the Red Sea, He had his army build a pontoon bridge and all the people walked across safely. Then, he radioed headquarters for reinforcements. They sent bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved.”
“Now, Joey, is that really what your teacher taught you?” his mother asked. “Well, no, Mom. But, if I told it the way the teacher did, you’d never believe it.”

Many people have a hard time believing that God can do anything. He can do anything, but fail. Isn’t it wonderful that we serve a God that is all powerful and all knowing and nothing is impossible with Him? I love the song, “Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before, every day with Jesus, and I love Him more and more”. It’s such a comfort to know He is always with me in everything I do, even though I have failed Him in so many ways. The following poem says it all.

When I say I am a Christian, I’m not shouting I’m clean living, I’m whispering, I was lost, Now I’m found and am forgiven. When I say I am a Christian, I don’t speak of this with pride. I’m confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. When I say, I am a Christian; I’m not trying to be strong. I’m professing that I’m weak and need His strength to carry on. When I say, I am a Christian, I’m not bragging of success. I’m admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say, I am a Christian; I’m not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it. When I say, I am a Christian; I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches so I call upon His name. When I say, I am a Christian; I’m not holier than thou. I’m just a simple sinner who received God’s good grace, somehow. And His grace is sufficient for every need I have ever had.

December was a great month and we celebrated at each of the nursing homes by giving a lap blanket to every resident who attended the services. We gave out 98 blankets and received many smiles and hugs. Thanks to all of you who participated. Whether you sang, played an instrument, passed out programs, pushed a wheel chair or just came and supported us, we appreciate each and every one of you. We also appreciate the gifts of money we received from many of you and several of you have asked how you can contribute to the Ministry, so we have made it easy. We have set up a bank account in the name of “SonShine Outreach Ministry” and anyone who wishes to give in the future can make your checks payable to SonShine Outreach Ministry and they can be mailed to my address at 509 Rhonda Dr., Lockport, IL. 60441. Your contributions are tax deductible and you will receive an annual statement for your tax records. Contributions are all used for the on going expenses of the Nursing Home Ministry. Hundreds of tracts, several Bibles and devotional books were given out this year. We want to do even more in 2008.

Our schedule for January is as follows

Lakewood Nursing Home, Plainfield – Jan 6th, @ 2:30 p.m., Salem Nursing Home, Joliet – Jan 13th @ 2:00 p.m.
Rosewood Rehab Ctr. – Joliet - Jan 20th @ 2:00 p.m. and Paradise Park, New Lenox - Jan 27th @ 2:00 p.m.

Please come and join us, we need your talents. You will make a difference and God will bless you for it.
Respectfully submitted by Joyce Mancke jmancke@sbcglobal.net. 815-351-7659

No comments: